Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

Steampunk Creations for Scrap FX

Hey there, today I have my December projects for Scrap FX. This months new releases over at Scrap FX are for their Steampunk range. I have to admit that when I found out that this month was all about steampunk I did have a mini panic attack, I've never made anything steampunk before - but I like a challenge and once I saw how gorgeous the new chipboard pieces were I knew I had to try and make something great with them. This is what I came up with.........

Altered Dragonfly Cage


Here's how I put it together. I found this white cage in a bargain shop for $4.50 (I think it's meant to go with candles??) and I painted it with black gesso. These are the Scrap FX Chipboard pieces I used (mini feathers not shown). 

I cut and arranged the chipboard pieces Steampunk Feather Collage, Steampunk WhimsySteampunk Barbed Wire Collage and Propellers in the shape of a dragonfly. I secured the chipboard to the cage using jewellery wire. Then I added on the Mini Flying Wings, Mini Feathers, Cogs, mini, Cogs and rest of the Propellers as well as some flowers to the cage.

I also added on some metal embellishments before I sprayed the whole thing in a mix of brown, blue and teal sprays. I finished off by rubbing some Inka-Gold in gold over the whole thing to give it a pretty golden shine, and finally some rhinestones and pearls.

Here are my close ups





Scrap FX Products Used:


The idea to make a 3D project came from the current Creative Gym Exercise at Mixed Media Place



 Next is my Steampunk Canvas

I loved this new Steampunk Dress Form as soon as I saw it, and I knew the new Steampunk Wings would go perfectly with this dress form. I thought my dress form could use a stand so I used the bottom half of a Lamp Post B Lantern. Around the edges I layered up a mix of chipboard, metal trinkets and glass beads. On the Background I've used the new Grungy Wing Stencil with modeling paste, then I painted and sprayed to get the colours I wanted before I rubbed some Inka-gold in Gold on top. Finally a added a few rhinestones and pearls, no flowers though - I think this is my first flower free project in forever :) 






Lamp Post B Lantern 2013236


Scrap FX products used:

Hope you enjoyed my steampunk creations
Bec :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow you have rocked the steam punk themed chippies.. really amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bec - what fabulous projects. Can't believe you were worried about the steampunk thing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing transformation! and beautiful canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dragonfly cage is amazing!!! there so many details!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project. Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful crafts! The cage is amazing! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com