Pages

Thursday 12 February 2015

Beach Layouts for Scrap FX + Video

Hi, it's my day on the Scrap FX blog today to show off the new release products. This month a whole lot of new wordlets were released and I choose two of the beach themed ones to base my pages on. These pics are of my daughter from a holiday down to the Gold Coast last year and they are some of my favourite photos so I've scraped similar photos before and I will probably use them on layouts to come because I love them so much. I decided to make two layouts with very similar colours but very different layouts, and I also made a video to go along with my second layout.

Sandy Beaches

 I used Prima's Cigar Box papers for this layout, ripping strips paper and layering them on the top half of the page to look like waves. In to the layers of paper I tucked pieces of lace and the Wave Border chipboard  which I painted blue and toped with modeling paste to look like real waves. I used the Random Dots Stencil and Wood Grain Stencil with modeling paste on my background along with sandy and teal coloured sprays.
 The Mermaid was my favourite piece of chipboard, I coloured her body with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical in Fuzzy Naval Peach, her hair is fine gold glitter.  I carefully layered sequins on her tail to look like scales and I used modeling paste to give her tail texture before a sprayed it aqua.
 Mr octopus got a coating of blue glitter and two pearl eyes.
 With this piece of starfish chipboard I covered it with yellow glass beads
 This piece of starfish chipboard was covered with gold glass glitter, the Sandy Beaches wordlet was coloured with sprays
 I covered the shell chipboard with gesso then painted it to match the page, I also added some real shells to the page as well.

Scrap FX Products Used:


Secluded Beaches


Here's my video for you


Or you can visit my YouTube Channel
And my close ups



Scrap FX Products Used:
Other Products:
Webster's Pages Paper - Strawberry Fields Imagine Paper
 Ocean Melody Cool Water Paper, Ocean View Paper.  Storyteller Card Sheet II
Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Clam Bake Beige, Magical A Bit O'bubbly & Fuzzy Naval Peach, Embossing Powder Byzantine Bronze & Madonna Robe Blue Gold.
Glimmer Mist - Patina
Twinkling H2O's Bashful Blue, Summer Breeze, Almond Beige
Prima Chalk Ink - Dry Sand
American Crafts Micro Beads - White
Finnabair Mica Flakes - Frosted & Glass Glitter - Gold Rush
Prima Say It In Crystals
Cheesecloth, pearls, shells (from craft store), Flowers (most Prima). 
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you enjoyed my beach layouts.
Bec.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - both layouts are gorgeous. All of your work on the mermaid is Fantastic! I really love watching your videos too. As always, the photos of your daughter are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are so beautiful beachy layouts.. love your altered chipboard pieces and lovely photos too.. thanks for the video, loved watching it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com